The NC Statewide Health Promotion Program provides funding to 85 local health departments and districts to support community-based programs promoting policy and environmental changes that will support increased physical activity, healthy eating and tobacco cessation.
The Rockingham County Division of Public Health is currently working on several Health Promotion programs within our community.
- Eat Smart-Move More
- Wellness Works: Trains local employers on how to develop and initiate a wellness program for their employees
- African American Churches Eating Smart and Moving More
- Faithful Families Eating Smart and Moving More
- Diabetes and Chronic Disease Self-Management Classes
- FreshStart Smoking Cessation Classes
- Eat Smart, Move More, Weigh Less
For more information contact the Health Promotion Coordinator at the Rockingham County Division of Public Health at 342-8149 or go to www.eatsmartmovemorenc.com